Saturday, December 08, 2007

to keep humble

"When we measure ourselves by the life of our Lord who humbled himself even to death on a cross, we cannot but be overwhelmed by the tawdriness and shabbiness, and even the vileness of our hearts." - J. Oswald Sanders
Here is another reason to be reading the gospels - to keep humble. Have I forgotten how grand He is - my Jesus - and how poor I am?

I must be looking unto Jesus - indeed to persevere in laying hold of Him and to joy in His sufficiency and to love His loveliness, but also - that I may realize His greatness, and be humbled.


"Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession," - Hebrews 3:1 ESV

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Marie said...

Amen!

12/09/2007 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...that I may realize His greatness, and be humbled."

Amen again!
He truly is great, beyond our comprhension!

12/15/2007 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home