Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Seeing and Being

"Man becomes that which he gazes upon"
- George Harrison


I like that statement because it really is true. It's biblical -

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." - 2 Cor. 3:18 ESV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is." - 1 John 3:2 ESV

That's the positive aspect of this truth - beholdingJesus, we become like him. It is also true in the negative aspect. Those who make idols and look to them become like them (Ps. 115:4-8)


But oh, to be always looking unto Jesus and reflecting his glory!




Now, what am I looking at?


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I like that quote! George Harrison was in my favorite band.
I found your blog through Bryant's blog. I love it, and I will definitely be back. You site is so welcoming, and you are such a godly example to me!

7/11/2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger A Heart of Praise said...

Amen, What a great post!

I also found your blog though Bryant's. :)

7/13/2007 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home