Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's Spring!

Spring is here, and gloriously so. I haven't experienced spring in four years and am truly loving every bit of it. The sunshine, the birds singing, the spring flowers - but there are still all these crusty old piles of half-melted snow lying around looking like they ought to be done away with.

I was thinking about it the other day and realized that this is kind of like my life. God has awakened my soul and there is life. Christ lives in me - to think! There are rays of light and grace shining and warming my soul but there are these crusty old sin-habits lying around, looking uglier as time goes by. Oh for more light and heat to melt them! I wanted to do away with those crusty snow heaps and by God's grace I want to do away with my crusty old will and sit in the light of His love till there are fewer and fewer piles of slush, and more and more snowdrops in my soul.


"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." - 2 Cor. 3:18 ESV

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home