Friday, May 18, 2007

What Ought to Make the Heart Beat

On Revive our Hearts radio today, Nancy Demoss shared this statement from Oswald Chambers that really leaped out at me:
"Our circumstances are the means of manifesting how wonderfully perfect and extraordinarily pure the Son of God is. The thing that ought to make the heart beat is a new way of manifesting the Son of God.”
That means any opportunity to do right is a cause to rejoice that I can manifest the mighty purity of the spirit of Christ dwelling in me. Anything that shows my own weakness or dependency on Christ is a cause to rejoice that I can manifest His power. If anything I cherished is taken from me, it is a cause to rejoice that I might demonstrate His superior value. For those united to Jesus by faith, all of life is about manifesting His superiority. That's what should make us excited, what should make our heart beat. Even if it means less of something - less of comfort, less of ease, less of reputation, less of strength, the important thing is that it is more, more, more of Jesus seen. May God make this our hearts' desire.


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

That is really powerful. Believers should be the most joyful people on earth!

Thanks for the Sermon Audio suggestions too!

5/23/2007 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home