Monday, August 13, 2007

With an Everlasting Love

What truth is sweet and precious to the believing soul - on bright days and on dull days, when abounding with joy or when near despair?


"I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
- Jeremiah 31:3


Lord? Thou hast loved me before I knew thee? Yea, Thou hast loved me before I was!

Of Thy love that chose me, I am Thine.
And of Thy loved that shed blood to purchase me, I am Thine.
And of Thy love that hast drawn me, I am Thine.


This cord of three strands is not easily broken.


What can separate me from Thy love?


Those predestined Thou hast called
those called Thou hast justified
those justified Thou hast glorified.


And not even death shall separate me and Thee.



"Loved with everlasting love
Led by grace that love to know
Gracious Spirit from above
Thou hast taught me it is so.
Oh this full and perfect peace!
Oh this transport all divine!
In a love which cannot cease,
I am His and He is mine."

- George W. Robinson


"...he chose us in him before the foundation of the world,

that we should be holy and blameless before him.

In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ,

according to the purpose of his will,

to the praise of his glorious grace,

with which he has blessed us in the Beloved."

- Eph. 1:4-6 ESV

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Beautiful post. Those words are sweet to hear at any time. :-)

8/13/2007 4:35 PM  
Blogger A Heart of Praise said...

Hello Alyssa,
I would be glad to have you add my blog to your sidebar. :) And I agree with Mandy Grace about the post! Thanks for sharing! :)

8/13/2007 5:34 PM  
Blogger Kaylene said...

Such comforting words...

8/13/2007 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Excellent post, Alyssa! Thank you!
Beautiful picture, too!

8/18/2007 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home