Wednesday, May 28, 2008

love Him or die

I must love Christ or my soul will die.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me....If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
... As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love."

Loving Christ is not my option; it is my life. Ought I not then tremble when my love for Him grows dim or cold? Ought I not cry out for mercy lest I die?

Thanks be to God that the Word which commands "Keep yourselves in the love of God" is addressed to those who are "kept by Jesus Christ" and promises that nothing "can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home