Friday, September 15, 2006

Take this day...

The first part of this poem has been in my mind all this morning and many other mornings. I pray it when I wake up and do not want to waste this day, or my life, but use it for God's glory.

a morning prayer

Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. - Psalm 90:14 ESV

Take this day - I would not keep it for myself and fruitless be.
..


...Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. - John 15:5 ESV

I would see in it Thy glory

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. -Psalm 19:1 ESV

I would read in it Thy story

"...give me understanding according to your word!" - Psalm 119:169 ESV

I would keep my soul-eyes fixed upon the One who died for me.


For I am Thine

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20 ESV


Then,
let me hold and cling to closely
Not Thy gifts, but only Thee

Let me see I'm undeserving
Let me see my place is serving

Let me love Thee and Thy children
Let me gladly rest in Thee.
For Thou art mine.

- by Alyssa Faith Colby

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Marie said...

Beautiful, Alyssa!!!

I loved that compilation!

9/18/2006 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home