Friday, August 18, 2006

Be Still Busy Bee!

Tuesday, August 2, 2005


I finished “Incredible Christian” by Tozer today and was highly encouraged (and corrected) by the last article, entitled “Meditating on God”.

How many of us are like this: If I’m not getting something done, making something, fixing something, giving something, cleaning something, or visiting somebody – I’m not living, I’m wasting my time. There is this awful force in me : A Restless Need for Productivity.


That’s where I was that morning as I sat (sewing while I read).

“To know God well he must think on Him unceasingly. Nothing that man has discovered about himself or God has revealed any short cut to pure spirituality... I am convinced that the dearth of great saints in these times even among those who truly believe in Christ is due at least in part to our unwillingness to give sufficient time to the cultivation of the knowledge of God. We of the nervous West [what an apt phrase!] are victims of the philosophy of activism tragically misunderstood. Getting and spending, going and returning, organizing and promoting, buying and selling, working and playing – this alone constitutes living. if we are not making plans or working to carry out plans already made we feel that we are failures, that we are sterile unfruitful eunuchs… “The worldly man can never rest. He must have “somewhere to go” and “something to do.” This is a result of the Fall, a symptom of a deep-lying disease, yet a blind religious leadership caters to this terrible restlessness instead of trying to cure it by the Word and the Spirit."


I realized: “THAT’s my problem! It had nagged me and this just - thank you Lord!- snatched off the scales from my eyes."

"Brood on the Scriptures and let faith show you God as He is revealed there. nothing else can equal this glorious sight." - Tozer

Is this not what Jesus meant when he said: "Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted about many things. But only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better and it will not be taken away from her." - Luke 10:41-42

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home